Thursday, March 31, 2011

3/30/11 My oldest dime found metal detecting

Well I went out again for a few hours metal detecting and I was determined to get an 1800's barber dime. I wasn't finding anything but junk for the first couple of hours until I swung my detector up next to a small tree and it started screaming at me. Well I dug down about six inches and found a plated copper ring, I rescanned the hole and was still getting a strong silver signal and out popped my oldest dime to date. So I can cross an 1800's dime off my list for the year and what else is cool is this is my 1st ever barber dime that has a mint mark on it. I sure hope the guy that lost the dime didn't pay full price for his supposed 18k ring. I hope everyone gets a chance to swing their metal detector over some treasure this weekend, Happy Hunting...




No comments:

Post a Comment