Thursday, September 30, 2010

Metal detecting group hunt in the woods

This past Sunday I was invited out to a group metal detecting hunt out in the woods not far from my home. When I pulled up I was happily surprised to see that maybe 10 or so of my local detecting buddies were there waiting for me. We chit chatted for a few minutes then we were off. We walked down an old trail for about a quarter mile then we all began metal detecting. Earlier in the week 2 of my friends had found some SLQ quarters and a few silver dimes and they felt that it would be a great place to get everyone out and give it a once over.

Right off the bat 2 of my friends found some wheat pennies(1911 & 1924, so that got everybody's hopes up for a great site. I was just finding old shotgun shells and garbage so I decided to wander off and see what I could find. We were out metal detecting for about 5 hours then I called it quits, I did however manage to find 9 old coins. The day wound up producing a few wheat pennies, a few silver Mercury dimes, a sterling silver spoon, and some other old relics. It was a great day out detecting in the woods with my friends and I had a blast. Be sure to watch my vid to see what I found.

1 comment:

  1. Great finds - every time I go in the woods all I get is junk. With all the history here I can't believe I can't find anything. Chicago is a great city - used to go there a lot when I was stationed at Great Lakes.

    ReplyDelete