Saturday, August 28, 2010

My 1st metal detecting hunt in about a month

In the past 26 days I haven't had a chance to get out at all to metal detect, so the other day I had a few hours to kill so I called around to see if anybody was going detecting. Two of my detecting buddies were going to meet up for a few hours of swinging and invited me to come along for the ride. The site was an old farm that was torn down back in the 1940's and has since overgrown into a thick forest preserve full of trees and thorn bushes. Right off the bat I found that it was slam packed with the usual rusty nails, barbed wire, tin cans and what not. Well after I guess 4 hours the only thing that was in my pouch was junk, one of my buddies found a 1947 silver dime, and my other buddy had nothing either. We wound up calling it quits for the day, even hough I didn't swing my metal detector over any old coins I was still happy that I had a chance to get out and hunt for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment