Monday, July 12, 2010

Metal Detecting with a Hunting Buddy

As you all probably already know I do a lot of metal detecting with a few hunting buddies. I’ve metal detected alone and with groups and I have to say I have a lot more fun and usually find more old coins when I’m hunting with others. I find it especially useful as we sweep through an area, when one person finds something then we all slow down and concentrate on that particular area. I have found old coins while metal detecting alone but it’s a slow process as I could walk right next to a hot spot and never even know about it. It’s also good to have at least one other person with you just encase something goes wrong, help is right there when you need it. Lastly, for me it keeps my motivation up when a buddy finds something, then I know I have a shot at going home with an old coin or relic because where there is one there is bound to be another.

1 comment: